Writers Block or Lack of Motivation?

When I started this blog I thought "What an awesome a way to get back in to writing without having to stick to a set style and without seeming too whiny". I never really thought it would take off or become a viral blog right away. Nor did I expect live blog sites to be spamming my email begging me to write for them and paying me for it - although that is still a distant dream. What I did expect is that I would be funny, insightful, and it would be laden with advice and stories of what my kids do and what I experience - much like this group of ladies. Yet without being too overbearing with "TMI" instances or too intimate in to the inner workings of my family that we loose privacy. I did expect that I would write at least weekly, but alas 8 blog posts and 4 months later - I'm struggling with content and frequency.

Since I seem to like making lists in my blogs, last night I began thinking of thing I could write about:
1. Potty training - struggles and successes
2. The interactions of the 2 girls
3. Perils of teenagedom through the eyes of myself observing my oldest
4. Perils of toddlerdom through the eyes of myself observing my youngest
5.The interactions of myself and my husband - or lack there of
6. Dealings with 4 sets of grandparents, all with very differing views
7. The status of the world and how I'm trying to filter it to my children
8. My experiences as a single mother turned non-single mother
9. My wants, dreams, visions, future - for myself, my children, my husband, the world
10. Anything I want to write about and the readers will have to just deal with it.

Then I think psh - no one wants to read that - especially when there is already thousands of blogs out there doing the same damn thing. And I think why write long posts about what's going on when I can just use facebook or twitter to update short bursts of my life. So commence writers block.

Every day I bring up blogger, open a new blog post and stare at the blank page until the 3 year old screams that she is hungry/wants a drink/wants to play on the computer - and with a sigh I exit out of the blank post and replace www.blogger.com with www.disneyjr.com and sip my coffee while I listen to ways to teach an alligator manners or help yell for toodles to come help Mickey Mouse with yet another problem solving puzzle.

I want this to be successful - even if just among friends and family. I want people to enjoy my writings, enjoy my experiences, and all in all help me enjoy this new venture. A blogger I look up to(and "Real Mom" blogger), Kendra told me when I started this to write about what I know, engage my readers, and be myself. So that's what I've tried to to and will continue to do. So that list up there - I think I probably have about 30 blogs from that. So intimating symbolic wall - I'm not going to fight to climb over, I'm just going to walk away and leave you there bewildered and frustrated because you simply didn't win.

As for you 4 followers and those that read through facebook when I post this link - Thanks!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey....Mommy needs a minute

Birthdays and Relief

Crafty Shmafty